Wednesday, July 14, 2010

E3 2010

May I start by saying “I LOVE MY JOB!” June 15th-17th I had the pleasure to attend E3 Expo. This is the Mecca of gaming and geekdom! I felt like a kid again for those three days. The only thing that I didn’t like about the Expo was having to leave! Here is my breakdown of E3 2010

Mortal Kombat series has always been one of my favorite fighting games! After being more than let down with Mortal Kombat vs. DC, I didn’t expect too much from the new edition to the series. But let me say it was amazing! I didn’t get to play the game, but was able to watch a demo of it. All the awesome things about the series that made me fall in love with it are back! Tons of blood and a new feature called X-ray hit has been added. This new feature is AMAZING! When activated you are able to not only see the damage to your opponents skin, but you will actually be able to see the hit go all the way to the bone! They also added tag team. When activated your main character will tag your partner and your partner will swing in and do a combo and tag your main character back into play. I could talk about this game forever but I won’t because there is so much more to talk about!

I have been a fan of the Ghost Recon series since Island Thunder! Let me tell you that the new Ghost Recon Future Soldier delivers! Just playing the demo was not enough for me. I will be waiting at midnight the night this game comes out! The best part about the Ghost Recon series is the online play. The campaign looks really solid. Lots of new weapons and gear for your solider!

Gaming has advanced so much since I was a kid playing Pong! Microsoft’s Kinect is EPIC! It blew me away. With so many games coming out for Kinect, I may just get rid of my controller…no wait I need that for Ghost Recon Future Solider! Having been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid, the announcement of Star Wars for Kinect made me happy, but I didn’t know how happy until seeing the demo. The ability to fight the Dark Side in my living room is going to be EPIC! Another game for Kinect that I am pretty psyched about is Joyride! It is so amazing to be able to play a racing game with NO controller at all! I want to play it just to see how that would work. You will be able to make gestures to speed up and slow down, and fling yourself to make jumps.

I know that there are so many more games that I could blog about but keep your eyes for Ngame.tv coverage of E3….I won’t spoil it all for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment